STEAM FOR SHINE, TEXTURE, AND FLAVOR
Bakery and Pastry
Steam for the agri-food industry in the bakery and pastry sector
GICONMES equipment is essential in achieving the high product quality that our customers obtain.
STEAM BOILERS FOR THE BAKERY, PASTRY, AND CONFECTIONERY SECTOR
Improving quality and hygiene in bakeries and pastry shops with the power of steam
In the bakery sector, two key aspects determine the excellent quality of the products (bread, pastries, cookies, cakes, etc.)
One is the use of sourdough, and the second is water. Water, as an ingredient, plays a crucial role in the fermentation of the dough and in the baking process. The texture, color, shine, and flavor depend on the water transformed into steam that is introduced during the process.
Bakers often use steam to give the crust a shiny appearance and prevent it from cracking during baking.
Shine and cracking are crucial quality factors for bakers and depend on: i) the ingredients and recipes used, as well as ii) the efficient operation of the oven, where the temperature is evenly transmitted through culinary steam, coming into contact with the product.
In addition to the heating processes described above, Giconmes has developed specific conveyor-cleaning automation systems for these industries. Water savings (up to 85%), reduced direct labor, increased productivity, and improved cleanliness standards are the main criteria that specialists in the sector consider when adopting our automation systems.
The most commonly used models in the bakery and pastry industry.
Automation system for cleaning trays used in the food sector. The system incorporates a high-pressure jet system to apply steam onto the trays.
Automation for canvas conveyors where the residue is not demanding. It is powered by a steam generator, and the residue is extracted with a high-power vacuum cleaner.
An automation system for cleaning modular conveyors, where a spinner applies high-pressure steam to the conveyor to be sanitized. It is powered by a steam generator of at least 20 kW.
Automation for canvas conveyors cleaning. It incorporates a rotating brush inside to facilitate the removal of coarse residue. It is powered by a steam generator, and the dirt is extracted using a high-capacity vacuum cleaner.
Fixed steam generator with 6 available configurations. Offers variable power from 20 to 60 kW, with a 60-liter boiler and steam production of up to 80 kg/h.
Electric steam generator with 3 available configurations. Offers variable power from 80 to 120 kW, with two 60-liter boilers and steam production of up to 160 kg/h.
An electric steam generator with 3 available configurations. It offers a variable power range of 125 to 180 kW, with three boilers of 60 liters each, and a steam production capacity of up to 240 kg/h.
Do you have any doubts to solve? Our team of professionals is here to assist you
Types of steam boilers applicable
to the bakery industry.
Automation systems for cleaning and disinfection in industrial environments.
Enhance productivity by keeping industrial elements such as conveyors and trays clean and properly functioning. We understand that needs vary greatly and that there is no one-size-fits-all cleaning solution that suits all industries.
Electric boilers for heat transfer in industrial environments.
Electric and static steam generators of NGV series . They are capable of supplying power ranging from 6 kW to 180 kW. Designed for industrial heat transfer applications.
Mobile steam generators made of stainless steel for industrial cleaning
The RGV series consists of mobile, electrically operated steam generators made of stainless steel. They are capable of delivering power ranging from 8kW to 54kW. Designed for cleaning and disinfection activities
We understand that many questions may arise. Here are some of the most common ones:
There are no emissions other than those generated in the electricity production process. Therefore, they can be neutral depending on the electric power mix. Electric steam boilers are the present and the future.
Absolutely. In fact, it is recommended to achieve maximum efficiency. There is no problem with remote control as long as the current regulations are respected.
A steam generator is a pressure vessel that, along with the network of pipes, is subject to regulatory control and complementary technical instructions, as stated in the Regulation published in Royal Decree 809/2021, dated September 21st. The maintenance is divided into a part that is simple for the owner to fulfill:
- Familiarize yourself with and apply the manufacturer’s instructions regarding the use, safety measures, and maintenance.
- Do not put the installation into service or prevent the operation of pressure equipment if the requirements of the Regulation are not met.
- Keep at least the following documentation of the pressure equipment while they are installed: Declaration of conformity, manufacturer’s instructions if applicable, and, if applicable, installation certificate, along with other supporting documentation (such as Installation Project, a record of the last periodic inspection, certifications of equipment repairs or modifications, as well as any other documentation required by the corresponding complementary technical instruction (ITC) of this regulation). For specific details, please refer to Annex IV of the regulation. This documentation should be made available to the competent authority of the autonomous community and to companies performing maintenance, repair, or periodic inspections.
- Use the pressure equipment within its intended operating limits as specified by the manufacturer and take it out of service if it no longer meets the necessary safety requirements.
- Perform maintenance on the installations, pressure equipment, safety accessories, and control devices in accordance with the operating conditions and manufacturer’s instructions, ensuring they are inspected at least once a year.
- Arrange for the performance of the periodic inspections corresponding to them in accordance with the provisions of Article 6 of the regulation.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of the pressure equipment belonging to categories I to IV, as defined in RD 709/2015, of July 24, or equipment assimilated to these categories according to Article 3.2 of the regulation, as well as their installations.
It is known that by applying heat to water, it transforms into steam at the boiling point under atmospheric pressure. From there, depending on the required degree of steam saturation for its proper application, we need to increase the pressure to obtain higher temperature. To change the temperature and saturation level of steam, the pressure must be modified.
It is a unit of pressure equivalent to 1 kg/cm², 0.98 atmospheres, or 14.50 PSI.
Couldn't find answers to your questions?
Send us a question or download all the information.
This can be an H2 headline.
Other Industries that use steam for similar procedures
Discover how other industries utilize steam for similar procedures and improve the efficiency and sustainability of your processes with this technology. Click here for more information.
The manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and cosmetic products is one of the most complex processes in the industrial sector. Therefore, precision is crucial throughout the entire production process.
Electric steam boilers from Giconmes are employed in various stages of production and processing of biotechnological products.