Steam for Sleeve Designs
Shrink Sleeve Packaging
Steam generators for manufacturers of shrink sleeve lines in packaging machines.
Our generators are used by the most relevant manufacturers of shrink-sleeve packaging lines to supply steam to their packaging machines.
Steam boilers for the packaging sector.
Sleeve: Customizing packaging with steam to increase sales.
The sleeve is a type of handling that consists of a plastic covering that conforms to the shape of the product, protecting and personalizing it at the same time.
It is widely used on bottles as it fits perfectly, like a sleeve, and offers a highly customizable finish. With a well-designed sleeve, sales can be significantly increased.
One of its main advantages is the ability to create different customized wraps for the same product (e.g., to differentiate flavors or create a collection).
In the sleeving process, the covering is applied in a 360-degree manner using heat, typically steam, to achieve different sleeve designs based on the needs of each product or customer.
Most commonly used models in the shrink sleeve packaging industry.
Fixed steam generator with 6 available configurations. Offers variable power from 20 to 60 kW, with a 60-liter boiler and steam production of up to 80 kg/h.
Electric steam generator with 3 available configurations. Offers variable power from 80 to 120 kW, with two 60-liter boilers and steam production of up to 160 kg/h.
It is a mobile steam generator with a power of 20kW operating at a pressure of 10 bar. It is designed for industrial cleaning and disinfection purposes, such as food processing, packaging, mechanical, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical industries.
Do you have any doubts to solve? Our team of professionals is here to assist you
We understand that many questions may arise. Here are some of the most common ones:
There are no emissions other than those generated in the electricity production process. Therefore, they can be neutral depending on the electric power mix. Electric steam boilers are the present and the future.
Absolutely. In fact, it is recommended to achieve maximum efficiency. There is no problem with remote control as long as the current regulations are respected.
A steam generator is a pressure vessel that, along with the network of pipes, is subject to regulatory control and complementary technical instructions, as stated in the Regulation published in Royal Decree 809/2021, dated September 21st. The maintenance is divided into a part that is simple for the owner to fulfill:
- Familiarize yourself with and apply the manufacturer’s instructions regarding the use, safety measures, and maintenance.
- Do not put the installation into service or prevent the operation of pressure equipment if the requirements of the Regulation are not met.
- Keep at least the following documentation of the pressure equipment while they are installed: Declaration of conformity, manufacturer’s instructions if applicable, and, if applicable, installation certificate, along with other supporting documentation (such as Installation Project, a record of the last periodic inspection, certifications of equipment repairs or modifications, as well as any other documentation required by the corresponding complementary technical instruction (ITC) of this regulation). For specific details, please refer to Annex IV of the regulation. This documentation should be made available to the competent authority of the autonomous community and to companies performing maintenance, repair, or periodic inspections.
- Use the pressure equipment within its intended operating limits as specified by the manufacturer and take it out of service if it no longer meets the necessary safety requirements.
- Perform maintenance on the installations, pressure equipment, safety accessories, and control devices in accordance with the operating conditions and manufacturer’s instructions, ensuring they are inspected at least once a year.
- Arrange for the performance of the periodic inspections corresponding to them in accordance with the provisions of Article 6 of the regulation.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of the pressure equipment belonging to categories I to IV, as defined in RD 709/2015, of July 24, or equipment assimilated to these categories according to Article 3.2 of the regulation, as well as their installations.
It is known that by applying heat to water, it transforms into steam at the boiling point under atmospheric pressure. From there, depending on the required degree of steam saturation for its proper application, we need to increase the pressure to obtain higher temperature. To change the temperature and saturation level of steam, the pressure must be modified.
It is a unit of pressure equivalent to 1 kg/cm², 0.98 atmospheres, or 14.50 PSI.
Couldn't find answers to your questions?
Send us a question or download all the information.
This can be an H2 headline.
Other Industries that use steam for similar procedures
Discover how other industries utilize steam for similar procedures and improve the efficiency and sustainability of your processes with this technology. Click here for more information.
The manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and cosmetic products is one of the most complex processes in the industrial sector. Therefore, precision is crucial throughout the entire production process.
Electric steam boilers from Giconmes are employed in various stages of production and processing of biotechnological products.