Vapor-based Conveyor Cleaning System in a Food Company
The vapor-based conveyor cleaning system is a sustainable and effective solution to ensure hygiene and food safety in the food industry.
Since 2007, we have been collaborating with Giconmes, and thanks to their vapor systems, we have a guarantee of quality and food safety.
Challenges posed by the client:
Weekly 5-hour shutdowns for cleaning and disinfecting an industrial bakery production line (including conveyors and glaze depositors).
During this time, production comes to a complete halt, with some operators involved in cleaning and others resting.
- High-pressure washers (x2)
- Water consumption – 1,200L/hour, 6,000L/week
- Chemical products, particularly caustic soda, a highly contaminating substance.
- 15 operators not involved in production for 5 hours each week.
- Annual production limitation.
- Excessive water consumption.
- Need to use chemicals.
- Cleaning with high-pressure washers requires personnel.
Customized steam solution developed by Giconmes.
Utilization of a portable system (JetSystem) for modular belts and a fixed or portable system (Brushless) for fabric belts, both equipped with their respective 19.5 kW electric steam generators.
Both systems automatically clean the belts without the need for MOD, reducing water consumption and simplifying the process.
Return on investment in less than 2 years*
50% reduction in time spent cleaning the conveyors. Reduced from 5 to 2.5 hours per week.
80% reduction in water consumption, including the elimination of any chemical products.
2.5 hours x 52 weeks x €14.5 = €1,885 x 15 persons = €28,275/year (personnel resources).
Do you need a customized solution?
We help you define what type of installation you need
We understand that many questions may arise. Here are some of the most common ones.
There are no emissions other than those produced in the electricity production process. Therefore, they can be neutral depending on the electricity mix. Electric steam boilers are the present and the future.
Absolutely. In fact, it is recommended to achieve maximum efficiency. There is no problem with remote control as long as current regulations are followed.
A steam generator is a pressure vessel that, along with the pipe network it is connected to, is subject to regulatory control and complementary technical instructions, according to the regulations published in Royal Decree 809/2021, dated September 21st. Its maintenance is divided into a part that can be easily performed by the owner:
- Familiarize yourself with and apply the manufacturer’s instructions regarding the use, safety measures, and maintenance.
- Do not put the installation into operation or prevent the operation of pressure equipment if the requirements of the regulations are not met.
- It is necessary to have, at least, the following documentation of the pressure equipment while they are installed: Declaration of Conformity, if applicable, manufacturer’s instructions, and, if necessary, installation certificate, along with other supporting documentation (such as Installation Project, record of the last periodic inspection, certifications of equipment repairs or modifications, as well as any other documentation required by the corresponding complementary technical instruction (ITC) of this regulation). For detailed information, please refer to Annex IV of the regulation. This documentation should be made available to the competent authority of the autonomous community and to the companies that carry out maintenance, repairs, or periodic inspections.
- Use the pressure equipment within the intended operating limits specified by the manufacturer, and remove them from service if they no longer meet the necessary safety requirements.
- Perform maintenance on the installations, pressure equipment, safety accessories, and control devices in accordance with the operating conditions and manufacturer’s instructions, and conduct inspections at least once a year.
- Arrange for the necessary periodic inspections as stipulated in Article 6 of the regulation.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of pressure equipment belonging to categories I to IV, as defined in RD 709/2015, dated July 24th, or equipment deemed equivalent to these categories according to Article 3.2 of the regulation, as well as their installations.
It is known that by applying heat to water, it transforms into steam at its boiling point under atmospheric pressure. From this point onwards, depending on the desired level of steam saturation for its proper application, we may need to increase the pressure in order to achieve higher temperature. To change the temperature and saturation level of the steam, we always need to adjust the pressure.
It is a unit of pressure equivalent to 1 kg/cm2, 0.98 atmospheres, or 14.50 PSI.
Couldn't find answers to your questions?
Please send us a question or download all the information
This can be an H2 headline.
Other similar success stories using steam
The use of steam is gaining popularity in various industries due to its effectiveness and environmental benefits..
In our "Success Stories" section, you can discover more about companies that have adopted this technology and have achieved successful results in terms of efficiency and sustainability. Click on the success stories to learn more details.