Energy and Heating
Industrial steam for power generation and heating.
Industrial steam plays a crucial role in power generation and heating in various industrial sectors and HVAC systems, thanks to its efficiency and versatility.
Electric Boilers: The Key to Power Generation through Steam
Electric boilers play a vital role in power generation by utilizing steam as a means of thermal transfer.
These electric boilers generate high-pressure and high-temperature steam, powered by electricity, which drives steam turbines, activating electric generators and converting thermal energy into electrical energy.
Electric boilers play a fundamental role in power generation processes, using steam as a medium for thermal transfer.
These electric boilers, powered by electricity, generate high-pressure and high-temperature steam through electric resistance that heats the water inside. The produced steam is used to drive steam turbines, which, in turn, activate electric generators, converting thermal energy into electrical energy.
This steam-based power generation process has multiple applications, such as electricity production in thermal power plants or steam generation for heating and HVAC systems.
Electric boilers offer a significant advantage by eliminating the need for fossil fuels, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and improving energy efficiency. In addition, their silent operation, easy installation, and quick response capability make electric boilers a versatile and sustainable option for steam-based power generation.
In power generation processes, high-voltage electric steam generators play an essential role by providing steam at high pressures and temperatures. These generators, also known as high-voltage electric boilers, use electricity as an energy source to heat water and produce steam at pressure and temperature levels higher than conventional generators.
High-voltage electric steam generators consist of high-power electric resistances that generate intense heat. This heat is transferred to the water contained in the generator, generating steam at high temperatures and pressures. The electricity supplied to these generators can be obtained from various sources, such as renewable energy plants or electric grids.
The main advantage of high-voltage electric steam generators lies in their ability to produce steam efficiently and in a controlled manner. These generators can quickly reach the required operating conditions, making them ideal for processes that demand a fast and precise response, such as in combined-cycle power plants.
Moreover, high-voltage electric steam generators offer significant benefits in terms of sustainability and emission reduction. By using electricity as an energy source instead of fossil fuels, they eliminate emissions of pollutants and contribute to the reduction of carbon footprint.
Most commonly used models for power generation and heating.
It is a mobile steam generator with a power of 20kW operating at a pressure of 10 bar. It is designed for industrial cleaning and disinfection purposes, such as food processing, packaging, mechanical, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical industries.
Mobile steam generator of 20kW specifically designed for the wine industry It is mainly used for the sanitization of barrels.
Containerized boiler room installed in a 40-foot container, consisting of six 180kW boilers capable of generating a combined 1,500kg/hour of steam.
Boiler room installed in a 40-foot and a 20-foot container (stacked), consisting of nine 180kW boilers, capable of generating a total of 2,200kg/hour of steam.
Do you have any doubts to solve? Our team of professionals is here to assist you
We understand that many questions may arise. Here are some of the most common ones:
There are no emissions other than those generated in the electricity production process. Therefore, they can be neutral depending on the electric power mix. Electric steam boilers are the present and the future.
Absolutely. In fact, it is recommended to achieve maximum efficiency. There is no problem with remote control as long as the current regulations are respected.
A steam generator is a pressure vessel that, along with the network of pipes, is subject to regulatory control and complementary technical instructions, as stated in the Regulation published in Royal Decree 809/2021, dated September 21st. The maintenance is divided into a part that is simple for the owner to fulfill:
- Familiarize yourself with and apply the manufacturer’s instructions regarding the use, safety measures, and maintenance.
- Do not put the installation into service or prevent the operation of pressure equipment if the requirements of the Regulation are not met.
- Keep at least the following documentation of the pressure equipment while they are installed: Declaration of conformity, manufacturer’s instructions if applicable, and, if applicable, installation certificate, along with other supporting documentation (such as Installation Project, a record of the last periodic inspection, certifications of equipment repairs or modifications, as well as any other documentation required by the corresponding complementary technical instruction (ITC) of this regulation). For specific details, please refer to Annex IV of the regulation. This documentation should be made available to the competent authority of the autonomous community and to companies performing maintenance, repair, or periodic inspections.
- Use the pressure equipment within its intended operating limits as specified by the manufacturer and take it out of service if it no longer meets the necessary safety requirements.
- Perform maintenance on the installations, pressure equipment, safety accessories, and control devices in accordance with the operating conditions and manufacturer’s instructions, ensuring they are inspected at least once a year.
- Arrange for the performance of the periodic inspections corresponding to them in accordance with the provisions of Article 6 of the regulation.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of the pressure equipment belonging to categories I to IV, as defined in RD 709/2015, of July 24, or equipment assimilated to these categories according to Article 3.2 of the regulation, as well as their installations.
It is known that by applying heat to water, it transforms into steam at the boiling point under atmospheric pressure. From there, depending on the required degree of steam saturation for its proper application, we need to increase the pressure to obtain higher temperature. To change the temperature and saturation level of steam, the pressure must be modified.
It is a unit of pressure equivalent to 1 kg/cm², 0.98 atmospheres, or 14.50 PSI.
Couldn't find answers to your questions?
Send us a question or download all the information.
This can be an H2 headline.
Other Industries that use steam for similar procedures
The manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and cosmetic products is one of the most complex processes in the industrial sector. Therefore, precision is crucial throughout the entire production process.
Electric steam boilers from Giconmes are employed in various stages of production and processing of biotechnological products.