Vegetable Substrate Disinfection System (DFTerm)
The Vegetable Substrate Disinfection System (DFTerm) utilizes advanced technology to eliminate pathogenic microorganisms and ensure the quality and safety of crops.
Challenges posed by Agrenvec:
Disinfection of vegetable substrate for reusability.
Elimination of fungi affecting seedbeds and causing high mortality, such as Fusarium, Phytophthora, Pythium, and Peronospora.
The cultivated plants serve as a source of recombinant proteins for cosmetics, diagnostic medical devices, and other biotechnological applications.
Heating the substrate using electric resistors.
- Corrosion in the resistors due to the humic acid generated by the substrate. High maintenance costs.
- Very long disinfection process time due to thermal inefficiencies in heat transfer.
Customized steam solution developed by Giconmes.
Installation of a steam cleaning system in a station composed of a steam generator and a sterilization module adapted to the customer's needs.
- Steam generator with water descaling equipment.
- 60 kW installed power (80 kg/h of steam).
- Insulated panel coating of the container.
- Steam diffuser group.
- Temperature control probes.
Do you need a customized solution?
We help you define what type of installation you need
The benefits obtained by the customer
through the installation of steam generators:
- Control de temperaturas.
- Temperature control for precise regulation.
- Uniform Heating
- Elimination of corrosion issues caused by humic acid.
- Thermal inertia allows maintaining the container at elevated temperatures during the cooling period.
We understand that many questions may arise. Here are some of the most common ones.
There are no emissions other than those produced in the electricity production process. Therefore, they can be neutral depending on the electricity mix. Electric steam boilers are the present and the future.
Absolutely. In fact, it is recommended to achieve maximum efficiency. There is no problem with remote control as long as current regulations are followed.
A steam generator is a pressure vessel that, along with the pipe network it is connected to, is subject to regulatory control and complementary technical instructions, according to the regulations published in Royal Decree 809/2021, dated September 21st. Its maintenance is divided into a part that can be easily performed by the owner:
- Familiarize yourself with and apply the manufacturer’s instructions regarding the use, safety measures, and maintenance.
- Do not put the installation into operation or prevent the operation of pressure equipment if the requirements of the regulations are not met.
- It is necessary to have, at least, the following documentation of the pressure equipment while they are installed: Declaration of Conformity, if applicable, manufacturer’s instructions, and, if necessary, installation certificate, along with other supporting documentation (such as Installation Project, record of the last periodic inspection, certifications of equipment repairs or modifications, as well as any other documentation required by the corresponding complementary technical instruction (ITC) of this regulation). For detailed information, please refer to Annex IV of the regulation. This documentation should be made available to the competent authority of the autonomous community and to the companies that carry out maintenance, repairs, or periodic inspections.
- Use the pressure equipment within the intended operating limits specified by the manufacturer, and remove them from service if they no longer meet the necessary safety requirements.
- Perform maintenance on the installations, pressure equipment, safety accessories, and control devices in accordance with the operating conditions and manufacturer’s instructions, and conduct inspections at least once a year.
- Arrange for the necessary periodic inspections as stipulated in Article 6 of the regulation.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of pressure equipment belonging to categories I to IV, as defined in RD 709/2015, dated July 24th, or equipment deemed equivalent to these categories according to Article 3.2 of the regulation, as well as their installations.
It is known that by applying heat to water, it transforms into steam at its boiling point under atmospheric pressure. From this point onwards, depending on the desired level of steam saturation for its proper application, we may need to increase the pressure in order to achieve higher temperature. To change the temperature and saturation level of the steam, we always need to adjust the pressure.
It is a unit of pressure equivalent to 1 kg/cm2, 0.98 atmospheres, or 14.50 PSI.
Couldn't find answers to your questions?
Please send us a question or download all the information
This can be an H2 headline.
Other similar success stories using steam
The use of steam is gaining popularity in various industries due to its effectiveness and environmental benefits..
In our "Success Stories" section, you can discover more about companies that have adopted this technology and have achieved successful results in terms of efficiency and sustainability. Click on the success stories to learn more details.